2 months, 3 weeks ago mycaguruKeymaster
While perusing our records, we find many instances wherein individuals either not enrolled themselves as a Member of the Institute after passing the CA Final Examination or have taken membership but their membership currently stands inactive due to non-payment of membership fees, thereby depriving themselves to use the designation of ‘Chartered Accountant’, as envisaged under Section 24 of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.
The membership of the Institute entitles one to have:
- Free supply of monthly journal of the Institute (The Chartered Accountant), newsletter of the Regional Council and branches (wherever available);
- Participation in Conferences, Seminars and other programmes on contemporary topics;
- Regular updates of the Institutes’ Programmes;
- Membership also entitles to carry out professional assignments, audit empanelment benefits, training to Article Assistants etc.
Further, employer organisations/companies/regulators at times also seek confirmation from the Institute as to the membership status of the Members and in the absence of membership or inactive membership we have to reluctantly confirm this fact which at times might have led to the disadvantage to many.
In view of the above, we invite all such individuals who have not yet taken up membership of the Institute as well as those who have at some point of time but relinquished their membership to come forward and take/renew the Membership at the earliest.
- For those who have not yet taken up membership, one may visit the link: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/8595form2_final.pdf for applying for new membership along with the requisite fees and supporting documents.
- Those who wish to restore their membership may visit the link https://sdb.icai.org/member/defaul.aspx
We request active co-operation of our Members in this regard and bring this announcement to the notice of all such individuals and encourage them to take/renew the Membership.