2 months ago mycaguruKeymaster
ICAI issues latest Guidance Note Audit Banks (2018 Edition)
ICAI issues latest Guidance Note Audit Banks (2018 Edition
- Banking Sector plays a major role in Indian Economy. For safe and sound banking sector, one of the most important factors is reliable financial information supported by quality bank audits. By conducting audits of financial statements of banks, the auditors play an important role in building a resilient banking sector.
- The Auditing and Assurance Standards Board of ICAI has been helping the members in maintaining quality in bank audits by bringing out the publication “Guidance Note on Audit of Banks” every year.
- The revised 2018 edition of the Guidance Note on Audit of Banks was released by ICAI on 9th March 2018.
- It has all the relevant directions/circulars issued by the Reserve Bank of India up to February, 2018.
- Members are advised to keep track of legislative/regulatory developments, for example, circulars of the Reserve Bank of India, issued subsequent to the aforementioned date and having a bearing on the statutory audit of banks/bank branches for the year ended March 31, 2018.
- The soft copy of this guidance not can be downloaded by clicking on the link provided below: