7 months ago mycaguruKeymaster
All About – TAN Registration, Online Application, Documents. Here we are providing all information about TAN like What is TAN?, Who is a deductor?, What is TAN Registration Number?, Document required for tan application. What are the types of TAN applications?, How to apply for new TAN?, How can I track the status of my TAN application? etc. In This article you can all Information for TAN. Recently we provide Latest Income Tax Slab Rates for AY 2016-17 in My Last Article. Now you can scroll Down Below and check more details for “TAN Registration, Online Application, Documents, How to apply for TAN?” from below
What is TAN ?
TAN or Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number is a 10 digit alpha numeric number required to be acquired by all people who are in charge of deducting or gathering charge. Under Section 203A of the Income Tax Act, 1961, it is compulsory to cite Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) allocated by the Income Tax Department (ITD) on all TDS returns.
Since most recent couple of years ITD has reconsidered the structure of TAN. It is a special 10 digit alphanumeric code. As needs be, they have issued TAN in this new configuration to all current TAN holders.
To encourage deductors locate their new TAN, ITD has now presented a pursuit office in their site (http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in). Through this office deductors can seek on their name and old TAN to locate the new TAN. Deductors are encouraged to locate the new TAN from this site before it is fused in their e-TDS return document to maintain a strategic distance from any burden at the season of outfitting e-TDS return.
Documents to be submitted along with TAN application
[caption id="attachment_833" align="alignnone" width="256"] No documents are required[/caption]
No documents are required to be submitted along with application for allotment of TAN. However, for online application, the signed acknowledgement which is generated after filling up the form is to be forwarded to NSDL.
Who is a deductor?
A Deductor is a specified person who is eligible to deduct tax on particular types of payments being made by them as per the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
What is TAN Registration Number?
TAN Registration Number is provided by TIN when TAN is registered on TIN.
What are the types of TAN applications?
There are two types of TAN Applications:
Application for issuance of new TAN (Form 49B)
- This application form should be used when deductor has never applied for a TAN or does not have a TAN.
Form for change or correction in TAN data for allotted TAN
- This application form should be used by deductors in case they want a change or correction in data associated with their TAN.
How to apply for new TAN?
- A candidate will fill Form 49B on the web and present the frame. Deductor may either make an online application through TIN (Tax Information Network) or submit physical TAN application to any TIN-Facilitation Center (TIN-FC) of NSDL
- On the off chance that there are any mistakes, redress and re-present the shape
- Affirmation screen with information filled by the candidate will be shown
- Candidate may either alter or affirm the same
- On , confirmation screen will be shown. The affirmation comprises of
- An extraordinary 14-digit affirmation number
- Status of candidate
- Name of candidate
- Contact subtle elements (address, email and phone number)
- Installment subtle elements
- Space for signature
2. Candidate might spare and print this affirmation
3. Mark/left thumb impression should just be inside the case gave in the affirmation. If there should arise an occurrence of candidates other than ‘People’, approved signatory might sign the affirmation and join fitting seal or stamp
4. Left hand thumb impression, if utilized, ought to be bore witness to by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer, under authority seal and stamp