Applicability of GST in CS Professional December 2017 Exams. ICSI Release official notification for Applicability of GST in December, 2017 CS Professional Examination. GST is now applicable on CS Course also, please check all details for applicability of GST Course in ICSI CS Professional Course from below…
Applicability of GST in CS Professional December 2017 Exams
FOR STUDENTS APPEARING IN DECEMBER, 2017 EXAMINATION
With the execution of Goods and Services Tax w.e.f July 1,2017, the understudies of Professional Program are thusly informed that the chose subjects of Part B of the syllabus for “Propel Tax Laws and Practice” (Module 3 Paper 7) of Professional Program has been supplanted with Goods and Services Tax (GST) for December, 2017 examinations.
The syllabus of Part B (70 Marks) of Advance Tax Law and Practice Paper (Module – 3 Paper– 7) for Professional Program for December, 2017 exam should be as under:
PART B: CUSTOMS LAWS and GOODS AND SERVICE TAX (70 MARKS) CUSTOMS LAWS
Extraordinary Features of Indirect Tax Levies – All Pervasive Nature, Contribution to Government Revenues; Constitutional Provisions Authorizing the Levy and Collection of Customs
2. Traditions Laws
- Impose of Customs Duties, Types of Customs Duty Leviable, Tariff Classification and Exemptions, Valuation of Imported and Exported merchandise
- Arrangement of Assessment, Payment of Duties, Recovery and Refund of Customs Duties
- Obligation Drawback
- Strategy for Clearance of Imported and Exported Goods
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Reallocation of Goods and Conveyances and Imposition of Penalties; Search, Seizure and Arrest, Offenses and Prosecution Provisions
- Arbitration, Appeal and Revision; Settlement of Cases, Advance Ruling
- Other Relevant Areas and Case Studies under Custom Laws and Rules
3. Promissory Estoppel in Fiscal Laws –
Principles and Applicability with reference to Indirect Taxes
4. Duty Planning and Management –
Scope and Management in Customs, with Specific Reference to critical Issues in the Respective Areas
GOODS AND SERVICE TAX
a.) The Central GST Act,2017
b.) The Integrated GST Act,2017
c.) The Union Territory GST Act,2017
d.) The GST(Compensation to States) Act,2017
The guidelines identifying with GST administration should not be relevant for December, 2017 exam.
Note: 1. Inquiries identifying with Central Excise Laws, Service Tax Laws and Value Added Tax won’t be asked in December, 2017 exam.
2. There is no adjustment in the syllabus of Part A – Direct Tax Management (30 Marks) of Advance Tax Laws and Practice Paper (Module – 3 Paper – 7) of Professional Program.
*Supplement identifying with Indirect Tax covering the Customs Laws and Goods and Service Tax “GST” will be transferred at ICSI site under scholarly corner without further ado.