I have sold a house which had been purchased by me 5 years ago. Am I required to pay any tax on the profit earned by me on account of such sale?

in progress 0
, MEENAKSHI AGRAWAL 5 months 1 Answer 69 views 0

Answer ( 1 )

  1. House sold by you is a long-term capital asset. Any gain arising on transfer of capital asset is charged to tax under the head “Capital Gains”. Income-tax Law has prescribed the method of computing capital gain arising on account of sale of capital assets. Thus, to check the taxability in your case, you have to compute capital gain by following the rules laid down in this regard, and if the result is gain, then the same will be liable to tax.​

Leave an answer