What are the different classes of residential status prescribed under the Income-tax Law for a person other than an individual or a HUF?

in progress 0
, LOVEY ARORA 4 months 1 Answer 32 views 0

Answer ( 1 )

  1. For the purpose of Income-tax Law, a person other than an individual or a HUF, i.e., company, partnership firm, etc., can have any one of the following residential status:

    (1) Resident

    (2) Non-resident

    Every year the residential status of the taxpayer is to be determined by applying the provisions of the Income-tax Law designed in this regard (discussed later) and, hence, it may so happen that in one year the taxpayer would be a resident and in the next year may become non-resident and again in the next year the status may change or may remain same.

Leave an answer